Call 1-866-550-2444 now for your
FREE Travel Insurance Quote.

Get your free quote

A protection against cancellation or interruption of your trip in case of unexpected events.
A protection against cancellation or interruption of your trip in case of unexpected events with coverage in case of loss, theft, or delay of your baggage.
A protection against accidents and sickness in Canada for 1 year with a minimum of $100,000 coverage.
A protection against accidents and sickness while traveling.
A protection against accidents and sickness in Canada
An annual protection against accidents and sickness while traveling.
The most complete protection for several trips for 1 year.
The most complete protection with medical coverage, cancellation or interruption of your trip in case of unexpected events, and baggage protection.
Select a coverage to see its description
<% %> <% %> <% %> <% %>
The number of people traveling together with the same departure date.
<% nbr %>
Only include the amount you have already paid and that is non-refundable(transportation, accommodations, excursions…).
You must enter the cost of the trip.
The age of an adult cannot exceed 120 years old
<% (CoverageMaterial == '3' || CoverageMaterial == 'supervisa-1') ? departureCanadaInfo : departureInfo %>
0 day
<% %>
<% %>

Expatriation Travel Insurance

In Canada, provincial health insurance covers healthcare in Canada and part of medical expenses incurred abroad. However, when we leave the country for an extended period of time, this provincial coverage is no longer available. Consequently, it becomes impossible to be insured by conventional travel insurance. Health insurance for expatriates is the solution.

The difference between conventional travel insurance and insurance for expatriates

Travel insurance covers travellers for medical emergencies for periods of up to a few months. Other protection can be added, such as cancellation insurance and luggage insurance. When you take out this insurance, insurance companies take into account your provincial healthcare plan, which will assume part of your costs, to establish your premiums.

In contrast, travel insurance for expatriates is designed specifically for travellers who want a more complete coverage and/or who have lost their provincial healthcare. In addition to emergency medical care, this insurance covers other healthcare such as dental, medications, and access to therapists (e.g., psychologists and chiropractors). These policies are perfect for travellers leaving Canada for an extended period of time. Because coverage is extended, the premiums of these policies are generally a little higher than those of conventional travel insurance.

Who this insurance is for

Insurance for expatriates is ideal for the following types of people:

  • Canadians within Canada or abroad who have lost their provincial healthcare
  • Travellers who want more complete protection than what travel insurance offers
  • Canadian workers, volunteers, and students staying abroad

Inpatriate insurance

Inpatriate insurance is equivalent to expatriate insurance, but is designed for visitors staying in Canada. It offers the same coverage as expatriate insurance, and is perfect for foreign workers and visitors who would like more than the emergency medical coverage that is available with visitor-to-Canada insurance and super visa insurance.

Coverage provided by expatriate travel insurance and inpatriate insurance

In addition to covering medical emergencies, these insurance plans offer coverage for routine healthcare, such as dental visits, vaccines, and medical examinations.

The following care can also be included in this coverage:

  • Private nurse
  • Dental care
  • Chiropractor
  • Physiotherapist
  • Podiatrist
  • Medical devices
  • Transportation to bedside
  • Maternity costs
  • Vaccines
  • Medical prescriptions
  • Repatriation of remains
  • Cremation/interment
  • Physical examination
  • Vision testing
  • Psychiatric/psychological treatment
  • Travel expenses in case of the death of a family member

Whether you are staying in Canada or leaving on a long trip, contact us to receive a free quote. We can tell you about the laws in effect and your insurance options.

Call 1-866-550-2444 to get your free quote